If you’re an espresso lover, it can cost you a lot to pursue this passion for your drink every day. On the other hand, coffee does the same, and it’s an expensive drink that you have to pay for every day. The best option to avoid it is to get a coffee machine or an espresso maker of your own. However, the dilemma comes forward when you have to choose between the espresso machine vs coffee machine.
Both thy types of machines have their distinguished features and benefits to help you make your morning beverage. In this article, I’ll help you decide which one you should go for, by describing how they work and what they offer. Stick to the article to know the best possible coffee or espresso makers as the next beautifier for your kitchen.
Table Of Content:
Here are the quick navigation links to the specific sections of the article that you might want to jump onto:
- Espresso Machine Vs Coffee Machine: What Is The Difference?
- My Opinion: Which Is A Better Espresso Machine Or Coffee Machine?
You can follow this comparison chart for both the coffee maker types we’ve selected to review in this article:
Espresso Machine Vs Coffee Machine: What Is The Difference?
There are some fundamental differences between the espresso machine vs coffee machine that set them apart. Here, I’ll help you understand how they work, what they offer, and the best products you can get for the types:
About Espresso Machine
An espresso machine works with a powerful automated process where the machine forcefully makes the nearly-boiled water run through a portafilter. The portafilter contains the fine coffee powder that you can pour in yourself, or it might have an automated process as well. Either way, the machine will brew thick coffee to the coffee cup, which you can use for making regular espresso or cappuccino.
Benefits Of Using An Espresso Machine
Espresso machines are not like any other coffee maker types; they have their special features to give you special benefits, such as:
- Espresso can be super expensive from coffee bars, which you can make yourself at home, making a one-time investment.
- Making your espresso yourself makes you feel more confident, creative, and professional too.
- Standing in a line to get a cup of espresso in front of a coffee bar isn’t an option if you have your own espresso machine.
- Espresso machines have the least amount of handjob as most of the works are automated in it.
- If you own a bar, you can practically improve your customer’s mood in seconds with an espresso machine.
1. Delonghi EC680M Dedica 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine, Stainless Steel
This smart espresso machine from Delonghi comes with the Thermoblock technology to heat the water evenly. It takes only 35 seconds to get completely ready to brew the espresso with its 15-Bar heavy pressure.
It has dedicated buttons for both single-shot or double-shot espresso to have more control over the brew. With its built-in milk texture frother, you can make professional espresso, making it the best espresso machine under 300.
You will be able to use smaller coffee cups and taller and larger cups by removing the bottom tray. The machine has a three-in-one espresso filter holder for single-shot, double-shot, or the espresso pod, which is super easy to serve.
Delonghi EC680M Features:
- This espresso machine has the Thermoblock technology to heat the water perfectly.
- It has a three-in-one filter design to make both double and single-shot espresso.
- The built-in steaming wand for foaming will help you make professional cappuccino.
- You can use different cup sizes from small to taller cups by removing the bottom tray.
- Its 15-Bar heavy pressure on the coffee in the portafilter will ensure maximum thickness.
About Coffee Machine
A coffee maker also works the way an espresso machine does but in a different method. The coffee powder goes to a pot instead of the portafilter, and there is no milk foaming mechanism in it. The machine will heat the water into the semi-boiled level and run it through the coffee filter. The water brews the coffee into the waiting cup you put under the spigot.
Benefits Of Having A Coffee Machine
Having a coffee machine in your home will help you in different ways with so many benefits, such as:
- A coffee machine can help you make professional coffee even if you don’t know how to make coffee.
- Making coffee has a long process, but a coffee machine that does the job in minutes, saving your time.
- Spending on coffee can be a big chunk of money every day, which you can eliminate if you have a coffee machine in your kitchen.
- You can get more creative, making your coffee yourself in your kitchen as you can customize the ingredient.
- Coffee makers can make you healthier coffee than coffee shops as you control the quality of coffee and the water yourself.
2. NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine, Esperta 2, Espresso, Cappuccino and Latte Pod Machine
The NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto coffee machine has a professional-grade 15 bars of pressure mechanism to brew the coffee. Its extra pressure and squeezing technology will extract the maximum flavor out of the capsule.
You can use hot and cold coffee along with cappuccinos, espressos, and lattes because of the intelligent mixture technology. It helps you make the perfect cup of coffee with an illuminated LED display with 7 levels of intensity.
It comes with a smart capsule design for inserting the coffee and an intensity controller dial above the level indicator. With its 45 ounces water dispenser, you can make a handful of coffee cups with a single refill.
NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Features:
- This coffee maker can make up to 15 bars of maximum pressure to brew the coffee.
- You’ll get a 7-level indicator LED display to show how much pressure is in use.
- It also has an adjustment dial for intensity control, depending on the type of coffee.
- The water tank capacity of this coffee machine is 45 ounces to attach on the back.
- You will get two dedicated buttons for hot or cold coffee and hot water.
My Opinion: Which Is A Better Espresso Machine Or Coffee Machine?
Choosing the right machine for making espresso or coffee depends on what you need the most out of the machine. The coffee machine will serve you regular drip coffee and allow you to control the quality of the coffee as well. However, if you’re in search of the ultimate machine that you can use for both drip coffee or thick cappuccino, go for the Espresso Machine.
Frequently Asked Question
Here are the most commonly asked questions about coffee machines that you might have interests in:
Do coffee machines boil water?
Yes, Stovetop coffee machines with water dispensers do boil water.
Can coffee machines make tea?
Yes, you can make tea with a coffee machine by using tea instead of coffee powder.
Can an espresso machine make coffee?
Yes, you will have to add nearly boiled water instead of foamed milk in that case.
Can I make tea in an espresso machine?
Yes, put the tea in the portafilter instead of coffee to make tea with your espresso machine.
To start a day with an active mind or rejuvenating after stressful work, a cup of coffee works the best. I’m sure that selecting between the espresso machine vs coffee machine after this article is clear for you.
If you’re still a bit confused about which one you should go with, I can suggest you go for the Espresso Machine. You can use it for making both regular coffee and thick espresso or cappuccino with foamed milk. It has the Thermolock technology in it and full controllability over the pressure, heat, and grinding quantity.