A cup of espresso is a great way to start the morning. To start such a good morning every day, you need an espresso machine right at your home. However, the price of the best espresso machines is what keeps you from getting one. It costs way more than a regular coffee machine that needs a smaller budget.
Besides, you surely don’t want to waste your money and end up buying a cheap quality machine. If you know which are the best espresso machine under 400, that may solve your problem. You can enjoy café-like professional coffee at your home without investing a hefty amount like $1000 as the professionals do. Stick to the article, I’m introducing the best coffee makers to you in a bit:
Why Do You Need an Espresso Machine?
Espresso machines come with lots of advantages. First, it will help you reduce the cost every day if you are a coffee addict. An espresso machine helps you make coffee yourself that reduces the cost of buying espresso from the café. You know the feeling of having your own made espresso in the morning, right?
Besides, since you are making it on your own, you’re avoiding the queue at the coffee shop. It will save your time as well. Consequently, when making coffee on your own, you will gain more knowledge and do lots of experiments as well. Finally, you can make coffee for your friends and neighbors and be the favorite person in the neighborhood.
Table of Content:
Are you in a hurry? Or do you like to jump into a specific section or perceive everything described below in a short time? Then check our table of the content section below.
- Why Do You Need an Espresso Machine?
- 6 Best Espresso Machine Under 400 Reviews 2021
- Breville Espresso Machine Vs Delonghi: Which is Better?
We have bought some good espresso machines for under 400 dollars and compared their features. Check it out to make a better choice.
Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Temp iQ Espresso Machine
De’Longhi EC680M Dedica 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine
Nespresso Lattissima One Original Espresso Machine
Espresso Machine & Cappuccino Maker with Milk Steamer
Breville Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine
Brewsly 15 Bar Espresso Machine
6 Best Espresso Machine Under 400 Reviews 2021
Since most people look for a cheaper option for espresso machines, the market becomes highly competitive. That is why choosing the best espresso machine under 400 becomes yet tougher. However, we have found some quality espressos even in this budget range for you. Here are those suggestions.
1. Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Temp iQ Espresso Machine
Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Espresso Machine is a great espresso machine that you can have for under 400 dollars only. It comes with the 15-Bar Italian pump that extracts maximum flavor quickly to produce a beautiful crema layer. With its Thermoblock heating technology, you can have fast heating to save time. Also, you have the PID temperature control that allows you to adjust and control the coffee temperature.
You can use this espresso machine for small coffee shop as well for its 58mm café-size portafilter. It can hold more grounds so that it can have even water dispersion as well as extraction for consistent flavor. You have the removable 2.0L water reservoir as well for more cups of coffee. There is a cup warming tray as well that slowly warms the coffee cup.
The steam wand will froth milk for you to create cappuccinos or other drinks. There is a dial interface that allows you to select the steam. You can even enjoy hot water to make coffee with this machine. It also has pre-programmed one and double shots so that you can enjoy whatever your mind wants to do.
Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Features:
- The espresso machine features a 15-Bar Italian pump that extracts every flavor from the coffee.
- Its Thermoblock heating technology and PID temperature control ensure fast and easy heat control.
- You have a large 58mm café-sized portafilter that allows you to make more cups of coffee easily.
- It features a dial interface that lets you choose the steam and get the desired flavor every time.
- The steam wand froths foamed milk and hot water so that you can enjoy better coffee and tea.
2. De’Longhi EC680M Dedica 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine
The De’Longhi EC680M Dedica 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine is one of the top espresso machines under 400. It lets you enjoy different types of coffee including single and double espresso, cappuccino or latte, and others. You have a manual frother that mixes milk to deliver creamy froth for even a better flavor. Its thermo block technology heats up the coffee within 35 seconds to save your time.
It features 15-Bar professional pressure that allows you to control the pressure and get your desired quality. It comes with a 3-in-1 filter that lets you easily enjoy different types of coffee. You have a bottom tray as well that you can easily adjust to using a large cup of coffee.
A removable water reservoir is there as well which makes water loading easier. With a classic sleek profile along with a compact design, it fits perfectly at your home. You have an automatic flow stop feature that provides you the right amount of espresso consistently. Furthermore, it has a stainless steel construction that provides top-level durability and longevity.
De’Longhi EC680M Features:
- The espresso machine comes with 15-Bar professional pressure to provide you the quality you want.
- You can enjoy making coffee with its Thermo block technology that heats up the water within 35 seconds.
- It features a three-in-one filter holder so that you can enjoy versatile coffees every time.
- You will get an adjustable tray for different cup sizes and a removable water reservoir for easy water refilling.
- The stainless steel construction along with sleek and compact design ensures aesthetic look and durability.
3. Nespresso Lattissima One Original Espresso Machine
Nespresso Lattissima Espresso Machine comes with a high-performance 19 bar pump that extracts delicate flavor. It provides barista-style coffee with premium aromas. You have a single-serve system to mix the desired amount of frothing milk to make a perfect latte or cappuccino.
It features an advanced heating feature that takes the coffee to the perfect temperature within just 25 seconds. Also, you will have hot milk within 40 seconds. Its hermetically sealed and recyclable capsules ensure the freshness of your coffee. Besides, the used capsules eject into the internal storage container. Also, its milk tank is easily washable with a dishwasher.
The machine has a premium design that fits perfectly at your home or office to enjoy daily coffee. With its high-quality finishes and materials, you can enjoy longer service from the machine as well. It will switch the espresso machine off if you do not use it for 9 minutes to save energy.
Nespresso Lattissima Features:
- The espresso machine features a high-performance 19 bar pump for higher flavor extraction.
- It has a fast heat-up system that heats up the coffee within 25 seconds and milk in 40 seconds.
- You have less wastage since the used capsules get ejected into the storage.
- It has a premium design along with high-quality construction for long-lasting service and easy cleaning.
- The machine turns the espresso machine off when the machine is not in use for 9 minutes.
4. Espresso Machine & Cappuccino Maker with Milk Steamer
The Espresso Machine & Cappuccino Maker is a high quality espresso machine that comes with an advanced thermoblock heating system. It allows you to create different types of coffee including Espresso, Cappuccino, and others. With its 15 bar pump pressure system, you can make your desired flavor whenever you want.
You’ll get two stainless steel portafilter baskets that let you enjoy both single or double shots. It has a transparent water tank that shows you monitor the water level. A handle is included as well on the tank that lets you clean the tank easily and refill it with convenience too. That means it becomes extremely easy to use.
Its stainless steel milk frothing cup provides better-foamed milk to add better flavor. You will have an electric bean grinder that allows you to grind the coffee bean with ease. Besides, it features a dial as well that helps you adjust the Espresso setting so that it can easily start extracting and making coffee.
Espresso Machine Features:
- The espresso machine features an advanced thermoblock heating system for a fast coffee-making experience.
- It has a 15 bar pump pressure system that helps you deliver accurate pressure to get your desired flavor.
- You have two stainless steel portafilter baskets so that you can get single or double shot coffee.
- The electric bean-grinder grinds the coffee bean automatically for better mixing and smooth coffee.
- A dial is there as well to adjust the Espresso setting and get the desired flavor every time you make coffee.
5. Breville Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine
If you are looking for the best espresso machine under 400, then you should consider the Breville Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine. It comes with Nespresso’s Centrifusion technology that uses barcodes that ensures perfect crema every time to deliver top-class coffee. With its patented extraction technology, it extracts every drop of flavor from the coffee bean.
The machine features a fast heating technology as well to heat up within 15 seconds. It saves your time and makes the coffee-making experience even better. With its 40 oz removable water tank, you can easily remove and refill it anytime. A dedicated button is there to let you create barista grade coffee or espresso with a single touch.
You will have 5 different cup sizes that you can choose from just with one touch. It has 3 milk frothers that create a perfect finish so that you can enjoy a cappuccino or latte. On top of that, it features a power saver mode as well that saves power when not in use. Thus, it saves you on the energy bills at the end of the month. So overall, this one can be a simple yet effective one to make espresso.
Breville Vertuo Coffee Features:
- The espresso machine offers Nespresso’s Centrifusion technology that extracts the highest amount of flavor for better taste.
- It features a fast heating technology that allows you to make coffee within a short time for more convenience.
- The 40 oz removable water tank allows you to make more cups of coffee and clean the machine easily.
- You can choose cup sizes and the coffee type with a single button to reduce the hassle.
- It features 3 milk frothers that make the best foam and add additional flavor to the coffee.
6. Brewsly 15 Bar Espresso Machine
Brewsly 15 Bar Espresso Machine comes into the market to deliver quality service and make your experience better. It has 15 bar professional pressure that prepares barista type espresso every time you make coffee. You’ll have a visual pressure gauge that lets you know the amount of pressure. Besides, you can control the pressure for better coffee making as well.
It can be the best home espresso machine with its double temperature control. You can adjust the milk and water temperature separately to get the desired hot coffee and perfect foamed milk. With its 2-in-1 filter holder, you can enjoy single or double shots. You have a double drip tray that makes it easy to remove and adjust accordingly.
The adjustable milk frother helps you control the steam and foam you want to add versatility in coffee making. Its 6” wide compact design fits anywhere in your room or office. You will get a stainless steel body that ensures higher durability and prolongs the longevity too. So overall, this one can be a great choice for your home or shop.
Brewsly 15 Features:
- The espresso machine features 15 bar professional pressure with pressure control to get the pressure you need.
- You have double temperature control so that you can control water and milk temperature to achieve a consistent taste.
- Its 2-in-1 filter holder allows you to take one shot or double shot as you desire.
- You have a 6” wide compact design that takes less place and fits perfectly in any place with style.
- It has a stainless steel construction that prolongs the durability and ensures healthy coffee every time.
Breville Espresso Machine Vs Delonghi: Which is Better?
Breville and Delonghi are two famous brands that manufacture some quality espresso machines within an affordable budget. Since both of these are popular, people often get confused when choosing one. So, here is the comparison between these two.
When it comes to the size of the espresso machine, Delonghi can offer you a smaller size compared to Breville. If you have less space to spare for your espresso machine, go for the Delonghi. On the other hand, if you don’t have any space problems, surely Breville can offer you a quality design for sure.
The Breville comes with an easy to use operating process that allows you to enjoy simple coffee making. You won’t need to put much effort on your brain to make a cup of coffee with this one. There are dedicated buttons that can help you do that.
On the other hand, the Delonghi comes with programmable control that lets you control the process. If you like making coffee with your own recipe, you will enjoy making coffee with Delonghi. Now, if you want to do an experiment, Delonghi will win here where for easy making, Breville is better.
Taste and cleaning:
People love different tastes of coffees. When it comes to the taste of the coffee, surely, the Breville offers versatility. It offers unique steam control that lets you add more flavour to the espresso.
On the contrary, Delonghi does not deliver that control. For cleaning, both of them are equal since both of them deliver easy cleaning for the highest convenience to the customer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions to ask? Then you can check the section below. You may find your questions here.
Can you make espresso without a machine?
Yes, it is possible to make espresso coffee without having any espresso machine. However, since you have to put high pressure when making it, it might not be a convenient option for you.
When should you stop using an espresso machine?
You need to stop using your espresso machine to make coffee when there is any problem. It can be broken, outdated, or another problem for which it cannot make the same coffee as before.
How often should you clean your espresso machine?
There is no fixed time to clean the espresso machine since it depends on the dirt growing up inside. However, it will be better to clean it after every 200 shots to keep it clean and neat.
How often should I service my espresso machine?
Though it highly depends on the condition of your espresso machine, it is recommended to service your espresso machine after every one year.
Can I use baking soda to clean my espresso machine?
You can easily clean your espresso machine with baking soda if the construction is good enough. For that, it is recommended to detach your machine at first and then clean all the parts.
A good espresso machine can make your coffee-making experience amazing. Besides, it lets you get café-like coffee every day at your home without standing in a line or spending thousands. You just have to choose the best espresso machine under 400 since it can give you good espresso within a small budget. We have portrayed some excellent espresso machines under 400 dollars for you.
If you are not yet sure to pick the best one, I will suggest you choose the Breville Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine. It comes with the Centrifusion technology for perfect crema and higher extraction. You’ll get a fast heating technology and higher water capacity as well. So overall, this one can be the best espresso machine within this budget.