Most coffee lovers prefer to pour-over coffee maker to typical drip coffee. The popularity of pour-over coffee machines is increasing insanely over the years. It provides you more control over the brew and offers your desired flavors. But when it comes to finding the best pour-over coffee maker for you, things may go more challenging if you do not have enough experience.
Fortunately, you are in the right place under the sun because we have made the below list of pour-over coffee makers based on their excellent build quality, flexibility, ease of use, cost-effective price, and many more. So, keep reading the whole article to be an expert in searching for the best one for you.
How do pour over coffee makers work?
The working process of a pour-over coffee maker is almost the same as a typical coffee maker. As a coffee lover, you might already know how a drip coffee maker works. Similarly, a pour-over coffee maker does the same but slightly differs from a drip coffee maker.
The way a continuous stream of water goes through the coffee ground in a drip coffee maker. A pour-over coffee maker also does the same thing, but it does electronically. Therefore, it is more controllable. It also keeps the water warm and washes the filter electronically.
Table of Content:
- 5 best automatic pour over coffee maker Reviews 2020
- Pour over coffee maker vs French press
Breville Precision Brewer Pid Temperature Control Thermal Coffee Maker w/ Pour Over Adapter Kit – BDC455BSS
Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Brewer, 8 Cup, Stainless Steel
brim 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker, Satin Copper
OXO BREW 9 Cup Coffee Maker
Mr. Coffee BVMC-PO19B All-in-One Pour Over Coffee Maker, 6 Cups, Black
5 best automatic pour over coffee maker Reviews 2020
Before we make a list of these 5 best automatic pour over coffee makers, we have spent so many hours researching them. We have placed them in the list considering their build, quality, flexibility, etc. so that you can keep in the safe zone.
1. Breville Precision Brewer Pid Temperature
If you are looking for the best commercial pour-over coffee maker, Breville Precision should be the only solution for you. It is stylish, and the brushed stainless steel finished makes it more aesthetic. Also, it is sturdier and lasts longer because of having stainless steel construction.
Breville comes with a silicon shower head and a plastic case that does not get rust over time. The pour-over adapter of the coffee maker works as a thermal pour-over coffee maker for you. The PID digital temperature control of the machine benefits you to receive your desired taste as you can control the coffee maker’s heat.
The brewing process of the coffee maker is very fast and can do it within minutes. So, you can start your morning with a fresh coffee cup with the help of six pre-programmed settings. The volume marking of water helps you to get your needed coffee-water measurement. The coffee machine’s small cup detection offers you a quick ready coffee to start your way to the office.
Breville Precision Brewer Features:
- Brushed stainless steel improves the coffee maker’s beauty and ensures longevity and sturdiness.
- The pour-over adapter helps you to make your desired flavored coffee within a few minutes.
- With six pre-programmed coffee settings of the machine, you can prepare your coffee in no time considering your needs.
- The adjustable water temperature feature of the coffee maker keeps the coffee-water warm.
- It enables you to prepare nearly 12 cups of coffee for you and your guests.
2. Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Brewer, 8 Cup, Stainless Steel
Cuisinart pour-over coffee maker takes your coffee making process to the next level. Yes, its unique features and outstanding performance deserve to be the best pour over the coffee machine with the SCAA Home Brewer Certification. It means that you can get the best result out of the coffee maker because of SCAA.
Being fully electric, you can customize everything according to you to get your favorite coffee. Don’t worry about the carafe because you can use both glass and thermal one. Another beneficial feature of the coffee maker is selecting your desired coffee brewing strength, including mild, medium, and bold.
With the machine’s temperature control option, you can maintain the needed heat to the coffee and its water. Also, it should be an ideal coffee maker for a large family as it can provide you 12 cups of coffee at a time. The shutdown feature of the coffee maker benefits you to control it more effectively.
Cuisinart CPO-850 Features:
- The shutdown feature of the coffee machine turns it off after completing the brewing process.
- The coffee maker is one of the ideal machines for large families and guests.
- SCAA Home Brewer Certification of the machine ensures you the best possible result of brewing.
- With its temperature control feature, you can get your prepared coffee hot or extra hot as you want it.
- You can control the flavor strength and get mild, medium, and bold coffee as per your demand.
3. brim 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker, Satin Copper
brim 8 cup pour-over coffee maker comes to eliminate your fuss with preparation. The coffee maker benefits you from brewing your coffee quickly and making you feel like you are just pouring it with your hand. There is a copper heating system with a pump to push water through the showerhead.
Brim coffee makers do the perfect thing that the best electric coffee maker can do. Everything is controllable and fast when it comes to making coffee for you and your family. It can brew your coffee at 197.6 degrees to 204.8 degrees Fahrenheit. Keeping your coffee warm at 176 degrees Fahrenheit it does not compromise the test. The auto shut feature of the machine turns it off after 30 minutes.
You don’t need a paper filter to replace over and over again because it comes with a permanent filter. For a better grip, the coffee maker comes with a rubber holder, making things easier to pour. The marker for measuring cups and recipes comes handy to make different flavors.
brim 8 Cup Pour Features:
- The coffee maker comes with ultimate brewing features, allowing you to make a smooth and delicious flavor.
- Its constant temperature benefits you for perfect extraction, and it brews your coffee up to 204.8 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The auto shut feature of the coffee machine saves energy to turn the machine within 30 minutes.
- It can keep your coffee warm at 176 degrees Fahrenheit without eliminating the taste.
- As the coffee maker has a permanent filter, you don’t require any paper filters to replace.
4. OXO BREW 9 Cup Coffee Maker
Nothing can beat OXO when you need an electric pour-over coffee maker for brewing your coffee daily. It has a microprocessor that controls the pour-over system to make up to 9 cups of coffees. It is also SCA certified, which means that the machine will provide you the best brewing result. It should be an ideal coffee maker for a large family.
It ensures the perfect temperature for water heating, which is in between 197.6 to 204.8 degrees Fahrenheit. Therefore, you can get excellent heated coffee at any time after brewing the coffee in the coffee maker. For full flavor extraction, the rainmaker showerhead of the machine throws water evenly on the coffee grounds.
The large button in front of the coffee maker allows you to determine how many cups you need by twisting it. The carafe of the coffee maker is built with double-wall stainless steel for better strength. The intuitive LED interface of the machine benefits you to see the status and freshness of your coffee.
OXO BREW 9 Features:
- The coffee maker helps you make 2 to 9 cups of coffee simultaneously for your family and friends.
- It is SCA certified, so it ensures you to provide the best quality of coffee brewing.
- With 204.8 degrees Fahrenheit brewing temperature, you can receive the perfect temperature for your coffee.
- The carafe of the machine has double walls, so there is no chance to escape the heat.
- The LED interface with backlit allows you to see your coffee’s freshness and present status.
5. Mr. Coffee BVMC-PO19B All-in-One Pour Over Coffee Maker
If you want to prepare delicious pour-over coffee at home, Mr. Coffee should be the solution for you. It offers you high-quality coffee brewing and ensures your desired tastes. Therefore, it should be one of the top-rated pour-over coffee makers among its contenders on the market right now.
Brewing and preparing coffee in Mr. Coffee is convenient and effortless because of its on-screen step by step guides. It provides you excellent tasting pour-over coffee at the optimal temperature. Its auto measure scale will calculate water and coffee at the right amount accordingly.
It might be a cheap pour-over coffee maker, yet never compromise the quality of brewing your coffee. Water needs to flow evenly on the coffee grounds for perfect extraction, and its cone style brewer does the exact thing for you. The coffee maker should be an ideal match for brewing up to 6 cups of coffee.
Mr. Coffee BVMC-PO19B Features:
- The on-screen step by step guide allows you to make the perfect tasted coffee with your desired flavor.
- You can use the right amount of water and coffee bean as it has an integrated auto measure scale.
- It ensures your coffee brewing at the optimal temperature due to its temperature-controlled gooseneck kettle.
- For the extraction of the fullest flavor, it comes with a cone style brewer that evenly flows water through the grounds.
- It would be best to buy #2 cone pointed filters separately because they do not provide them with the machine.
Pour over coffee maker vs French press
You will find no homes or offices without having a coffee maker. Using these coffee makers is getting increasingly popular among coffee lovers all across the world. Though both share the same process of preparing a coffee cup for you to start your day, there are some striking differences.
Pour over coffee maker
When it is time to make your coffee pour over the coffee maker, make sure it might take more time than a French press. It needs to pour heated water over the coffee grounds with a cone style filter. After keeping the coffee grounds on the filters, you have to pour some heated water on it. Then, it would help if you allowed some moment for the coffee to bloom.
Now pour more water to get the prepared coffee that will slowly sip through the paper filter into your coffee cup. This is the process that pour-over coffee maker follows to make a cup of coffee for you.
Advantage and disadvantage of pour over coffee
Many people find a smooth cup of coffee that they can get in a typical drip-brew. If you are in the group, you should consider a pour-over coffee maker more than a French press. It is also convenient when you clean them after making one or two cups of coffee in the morning for you and someone.
You might not get your coffee’s intense flavor using a pour-over coffee maker because of the system immersion. So, it does not offer you a healthy and full-bodied coffee.
A French press brews your coffee faster than pour-over coffee, and it is becoming more popular with the coffee-lovers. However, its other name is cafetiere or coffee press, which has not more than three parts. These parts include an open-topped cylindrical carafe, a filter, and a signature plunger to push coffee grounds downwards.
You need to fill the carafe with coffee grounds and add the heated water to make a mixture. When you see that the mix is ready, push the plunger downward, and enjoy your fresh morning coffee.
Advantage and disadvantage of French press
A French press offers you robust, bold, and rich coffee to start your morning. If you prefer more intense, you should go to the French press instead of pour-over coffee.
But coffee-lovers find an issue with the French press. While pressing the coffee grounds with the plunger, smaller grits may go through, making a gritty texture. Cleaning a French press coffee maker is another issue for you, so you need to wash them separately.
Frequently asked questions
Users of pour-over coffee makers ask these questions more globally. Therefore, we have provided you with the best possible answers to these queries so that it becomes convenient for you to choose the best automatic pour over coffee maker.
Is drip coffee the same as Pour over?
Both have different pouring processes when you start pouring coffee into a coffee mug. In the case of a pour-over coffee maker, pouring control is in your hand while a drip coffee maker does on your behalf.
Can I use a regular kettle to pour over coffee?
A gooseneck kettle is recommended to use to pour over coffee makers to prepare your coffee. But you can use a traditional kettle to make your coffee. Gooseneck kettles allow you to pour slowly.
How much ground coffee do I use for a pour over?
The container of the pour-over coffee maker suggests to you how much ground coffee is needed. You can use 30 grams of coffee for grinding and 600 grams of water to make a better coffee ground.
Coffee-lovers find the best automatic pour over coffee maker valuable and cost-effective. They are fast and provide you with high-quality coffee brewing for you. Offering you the desired flavor, pour-over coffee makers allow you to control everything of the process.
Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Brewer should be your best deal because of many reasons. SCAA certification of the model ensures that you can receive the best result of brewing. For your large family, it is an ideal coffee maker that can make 12 cups. It ensures your desired flavor strength like mild, medium, and bold.